- Practice Areas
- What is Alimony?
- Who gets alimony in Florida and why?
- Are there any guidelines in Florida for alimony, like those judges use in child support cases?
- Are there different types of alimony in Florida?
- Can a dependent spouse be forced to work in Florida?
- Can a person in Florida request alimony after the divorce is over?
- Can a spouse bankrupt his alimony obligations in Florida?
- Can alimony be modified or terminated in Florida?
- Does my ex-husband have to continue to pay alimony if I am now living with another man?
- How are support payments treated under federal income tax rules?
- How is spousal support calculated in Florida?
- If I receive an inheritance, does this affect alimony in any way in Florida?
- If a spouse commits adultery, does this behavior result in an increase in alimony in Florida?
- Can men seek alimony in Florida?
- What are the factors that go into an spousal support determination in Florida?
- When does alimony stop in Florida?
- Can a court award two kinds of alimony at the same time in Florida?
- Can a person limit their exposure to alimony by having a prenuptial agreement in Florida?
- Can a spouse be awarded temporary alimony during the pendency of the divorce proceeding in Florida?
- Can my ex-wife collect back alimony when she did nothing about my non-payment for several years?
- What is transitional alimony? Bridge the gap alimony?
- If a spouse retires, does this constitute a change in circumstances to justify a termination of alimony in Florida?
- What factors does the court consider in determining alimony in Florida?
- What is rehabilitative alimony?
- What is limited duration alimony?
Child Custody Law
- Are Florida courts more likely to award custody to mothers than to fathers?
- Can custody rights be modified in Florida?
- If the other parent will not allow me to see my children, do I have to pay support in Florida?
- What are some common terms that I should know in child custody cases?
- What factors go into determining custody and visitation in Florida?
- What happens in Florida when visitation rights are frustrated?
- What if the child's best interest does not coincide with the parents' personal desires?
- What if the custodial parent wants to move away from the non-custodial parent?
- At what age can my children decide where they want to live?
- Can expert witnesses be used in custody battles?
- Does a court have to decide our visitation schedule, or can the other parent and I make the schedule ourselves?
- If child support is not paid, must visitation be allowed in Florida?
- Is mediation the best approach to solving disagreements about child custody?
- I am a noncustodial parent, but my child lives with me now. Can I change the child support order?
Child Support Law
- Do I pay my spouse directly for child support in Florida?
- Can child support be reduced in Florida if I remarry and have more children with my new wife?
- Can my child's father be ordered to pay for my child's college education in Florida?
- Can I lower my child support payments in Florida if I spend more time with my kids?
- Can my ex-spouse make me pay for a private school for our child in Florida?
- How are child care expenses divided in Florida?
- How do I get my child support increased in Florida?
- If I get joint custody, will I still have to pay child support in Florida?
- Must the children be covered by health insurance?
- What determines how much child support I have to pay in Florida?
- Who can seek a child support modification in Florida?
- Can the Florida courts include my new spouse's income when setting child support?
- Can child support be retroactively modified in Florida?
- Can I make my support payments directly to my ex-spouse? Should I?
- My child is about to turn 18, but is still in high school and living at home. Can I still get child support?
- What does it mean to be in default of a child support order and what can happen to me if I go into default?
- What does the term combined income refer to in figuring child support in Florida?
- Will my overtime be included in child support calculations?
- How is child support calculated in Florida?
- What are grounds for divorce in Florida?
- How is divorce initiated in Florida?
- How is annulment different from divorce?
- Can I oppose a divorce in Florida?
- How do I protect my credit when going through divorce in Florida?
- My spouse just asked for a divorce. What do I do first in Florida?
- What happens to joint debts when we divorce in Florida?
- In my Florida divorce case, what are the alternatives to going to court?
- What is a marital settlement agreement in a divorce in Florida?
- What is collaborative divorce?
- Can an out of state divorce be enforced in Florida?
- Can I file for divorce in Florida while my spouse is stationed with the military in another country?
- Can I go back to my maiden name after my divorce in Florida?
- Do I have to share my pension after my Florida divorce?
- In my Florida divorce case, how do I prove ownership of the dog?
- Is it illegal to get remarried before my divorce is final?
- In my Florida divorce case, what does the mediator do?
- What happens to retirement funds and 401k plans in a divorce?
- What if my spouse is served with the divorce papers but does not answer?
- What is an uncontested divorce?
- How are assets split in a divorce?
- Grandparents Rights >
- Can a spouse refuse to sign divorce papers in Florida?
- How can I obtain a legal divorce or dissolution of marriage in Florida?
- What is marital property?
- What is a postnuptial agreement?
- What is a prenuptial or ante nuptial agreement?
- Can I get a simplified divorce/dissolution of marriage?
- Can you get a divorce if your spouse is incarcerated?
- Can you get a divorce if you are pregnant?
- Military Divorce Law >
- What does it mean to establish paternity?
- When is it necessary to take a paternity test?
- Can I get visitation or custody, even though I was not married to the mother, and I am not on the birth certificate?
- The father of my child will not admit paternity. What can I do in Florida?
- Who is allowed to start a paternity case?
- Can the name of the child be changed when paternity is established?
- What happens if the mother was married to another man at the time the child was born?
- What is an administrative order?
- Alimony Law >
- Q & A
- Contact Us
- Press Releases
Do grandparents have any rights of custody or visitation with their grandchildren?